For Hubzilla 3.4
we focused on overall usability improvements. A new permission role (social - federation) has been introduced. This is the most permissive role we provide and it aligns well with the capabilities of the protocols we federate with (diaspora, activitypub, ostatus).
An autosave functionality for posts and comments has been implemented. Posts and comments are now autosaved to the browsers local storage (no, we don't send your unfinished work to the server). If you accidentally reload your window or navigate somewhere else, you will not loose your work anymore. When you return back to your unsent post or comment, the text will be waiting there for you as if nothing happened. This functionality is enabled by default and can be disabled in
additional features > post composition features
settings if desired.
The technical skill level setting has been merged and streamlined with the additional features page. This makes it easier to adjust the skill level to a comfortable value.
Another important change to mention here is that the author menu has been moved from the item dropdown menu (bottom-right of posts and comments) to the author photo. All author related functions are now accessible directly by clicking the author photo.
Last but not least some of the redbasic theme schemas have been renamed to better reflect their purpose in the naming. The simple_* schemas are unmaintained at the moment and were therefore marked deprecated. If nobody from the community steps up and maintains them, they will be removed with the next release. Due to the renaming of the schemas you will have to set your schema again after your hub has been updated. This does not affect you if you are using the default schema (Focus).Other notable changes:
- Introduced trending tags for the public stream app
- Implemented visible star status for starred posts
- Fix issue where we were forced to log back in after leaving a delegated channel
- Implemented last commented expiration setting for admins
- Implement OAuth2/OpenIDConnect server
- Chats are now saved obscurified in the DB (just like private mails)
- Introduced a simple way to share links to wiki pages
- The new member widget has been converted to a feature - it can now be turned on/off
- Initial support for alternative sort orders on the cloud pages
- Postgresql fixes
- Introduction of the e-commerce/cart addon (beta - experimental)
- Introduction of the fuzzloc addon - blur your browser location
- Improved interoperability with mastodon (activitypub)
- Numerous bugfixes and overall improvements
As always, a big THANK YOU!
to all the translators and everybody who is helping to improve Hubzilla with each release.
Get it while it's hot!https://github.com/redmatrix/hubzilla
To update an existing installation (installed via git) please execute
from your Hubzilla webroot.
If you participated in the RC testing, remember to
git checkout master
(core and addon) before the update.
Please consider to support this project: https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/hubzilla
!Hubzilla Support Forum